The scientific committee of ICRS 2023 invites the submission of abstracts for the 9th International Colorectal Symposium 2023, Mahabalipuram. Abstracts can be submitted under two categories:
Abstracts should be related to Colorectal Surgery and can include any of the following sub-categories:
1. All abstracts and videos will be subjected to peer review process by an expert panel. All decisions made by the expert panel will be final and binding and no disputes in this regard will be entertained.
2. The presenting author will be notified by email about abstract acceptance and other details.He/She will be required to present the poster or video to the judges at the time of evaluation at the conference venue.
3. Conference registration is mandatory for poster/video presentations – Register here.
4. Incase of the author’s unavailability for presentation, one of the co-authors may present the work, provided they register for the conference.
1. Original research, trials, reviews, prospective and retrospective series are preferred. Case reports/ series may also be submitted for consideration if there is a significant learning point associated with it.
2. The abstract should not exceed 250 words and should be structured as follows:
3. All abstracts need to be submitted on the submission portal only.
1. Surgical videos in Colorectal Surgery are invited for submission.
2. In addition to the video, a 250-word summary of the surgical work needs to be submitted as an abstract. The abstract for video presentation should include atleast one educational or technical learning point presented / highlighted in the video.
3. The shortlisted video abstract authors must submit the video file for review prior to confirmation of acceptance.
4. The maximum duration of the video is 6 minutes with Audio narration. The submitting author will be required to present the video in a high-quality format on the day of the meeting.
5. Any powerpoint slides, images, tables, references, etc, will not be accepted separately. However, these can be made part of the video, if considered necessary by the author.
6. The video may need submission in .mov / .mp4 format on the submission portal. The upper limit of the file size is 200 MB. Further details regarding the same will be intimated by e-mail to the presenting author closer to the conference dates after abstract acceptance.